Thursday, September 6, 2007

more of our trip ...

Anyone ever wonder where the inspiration for our daughter's name came from? The picture below should explain it:

Wrigley Field - Home of the Chicago Cubs - is located on Addison and Clark. we met a guy on the subway who named his daughter Addison Clark Whatever their last name is. So atleast we didn't go thaaat far. Right?!?

Here is just one of the 300+ pictures (I'm not kidding) my dear, sweet, Cubs-obsessed hubbie took at the game. After he'd taken about 200 pictures of the field, surrounding bleachers, scoreboard, left field, center field, etc. I inquired, "do you think you could take one of US?"


We went to Navy Pier and rode a few rides. First time we've done that together. And I learned something interesting ... Trevor's afraid of the Ferris Wheel! I knew he had a small fear of heights, but it never manifests itself on the ski lift so I don't think much of it. The whole ride he had this look of fear and when i asked him to scoot over to the corner for a better photo-op, he politly turned me down for fear of rocking our cart!


And finally, this picture cracks me up. it's the epitome of Trevor being relaxed; takeout cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory and the Cubs game on TV. We kept talking about how great our childless, no bedtime, no responsibilities weekend would be so we could stay out as late as we wanted. The latest we stayed out was 9pm - which to us was late considering we have to be home from where evere we are to start Addie's nighttime routine by 7pm. We realized on this trip .... we're old. Guess that's what becoming responsible parents will do to ya.

One more thing. I enabled the "comments" feature again. I took it off awhile ago because it was starting to make me feel sad that no one would leave comments. so ... please comment every now and then.

4 comments:

Trevor Brasfield said...

That is one handsome man!!! I would also like to point out what a gorgeous wife he has, and what a terriffic blogger she is! I truly believe he is the luckiest man on earth.

Sincerally,
Jennie's Husband

Edwards said...

You guys are too cute!

It looks like you had a GREAT trip together.

Thanks so much for posting pictures and telling us about it. It makes my day!

S.K.N. said...

Nice pictures Jen. Looks like you guys had a great time. Chicago is fun! Don't you love the magnificent mile?!

Marc and I always thought we'd stay up late when we went to Hawaii without Emily, but I always fell asleep. I blame it on the different time zone...not being old! :o)

steph said...

I was just going to email you and tell you to let me comment. So I am glad you are letting me.
Sounds and looks like you had a great trip! The photos are all very fun.
I hope you guys are doing well.