but here's this little gem:
my brother blessed the little one for us in church yesterday. he did such a great job and gave her a beautiful blessing. among other things, he blessed her to be a peacemaker and to be a leader and an example.
i've been thinking a lot about these things. i get so busy cleaning up after, soothing, feeding, and playing with this little babe that i sometimes think of her almost as my pet. I forget that this cute little thing is an actual brand new little person who will grow up and go into the world and do great things. and it all starts with this tiny little baby girl that i get to hold and rock and get smiles from every day. it makes me feel i'm holding a secret that, for now, is all mine to enjoy.
6 comments:
She looks beautiful. It sounds like it was a great day!
Fun posts! I like the moments when we realize the bigger picture instead of just feeling like a mom all the time (good and bad), thanks for the reminder of how neat it is. I love the other two posts, too. That's great that Addie is so cute with Ivy, no jealousy then, huh?
Jen, she is so precious! Can't wait to meet her in person!
I love her!!! She is so beautiful, and so is Addie. We need to let Addie and Riss play before you go back to school.
Awww, she looks so cute! She does have quite the chubby cheeks all of a sudden, they look quite kissable. :) I love the picture of her and Addie too. Very cute girls. I noticed you just read Water For Elephants. Did you like it? I read it a few months ago and loved it. It made me want to get an elephant as a pet...I'm not kidding.
That is very precious Jen, I am so glad you took the time to think about what was said. I wish I could remember and I can't. (just like my mother said I would forget and I did cause I didn't write it down:)
It will be beautiful to watch her grow and learn and devolop those talents traits. She is very beautiful and I can see you!--I love that I can see you in her! You also have those talents that Ivy was blessed with-something not so coincidental- I think!
Post a Comment