Friday, April 10, 2009

spring break

I've had this whole week off for spring break! Since somebody had to work each day, we didn't go anywhere. Not a big deal though, I love staying home and just playing with my girls. We even had really nice weather the first couple days of the week, I'm talking actual SPRING weather. We've spent a lot of time outside playing ball, chasing Moose, drawing with sidewalk chalk, taking walks, and letting our neighborhood kids wash our dog and our car (cheap labor - we pay them in Otter Pops). This is the first time we've been able to spend substancial time outside since IJ was born and boy oh boy is she loooooving being outside. She completely chills out in her stroller and just smiles so big every time we ask her how she's doing.

On Monday morning we woke up bright and early and headed off to Ogden to the Treehouse Museum. This was our first adventure there and it was so much fun! So many things to do for kids of all different ages (except for the 3 month crowd - can you believe they forgot to include anything for her?!)

Addie loved this fire truck. She talked about it the entire car ride home.


When I told Addie we were going to a museum, she told me how she wanted to see the dinosaurs there. Her only experience with museums stems back to Curious George (as most things do for her ....). Professeur Wiseman works in a museum with a big dinosaur and Addie thought she'd get to see that. Luckily the Treehouse does have a small dinosaur display. Here is Addie tracing the "fossils".

My friend Kristin and her little guy, Corbin came to play with us. These two have played together a couples times before and Addie was really glad to see her friend Corby. Check out his expression in this picture - I love it!

After I took the first picture I told Addison to give Corbin a hug - which she did and then a big smooch, too. Then Corbin smooched her back. Too bad I wasn't quick enough to get that.

No comments: