Thursday, October 4, 2012

Weekend fun

This is the last post and then I'll be caught up. If you read through all these, I'd love a comment (I'm talking to you mom. sisters. inlaws.) so I know it was worth sacrificing my reading time to let you all know what we're up to.

This past weekend was the first time we didn't have something planned.  So Saturday morning we decided to head to Golden (Trevor called it "a classy Brigham City") to check out their Farmer's Market.  We got some great produce and had a tasty dinner on Sunday with all of our purchases:  pasta with butternut squash, corn on the cob, caprese salad, and apple crisp. Yum!  Every new town involves a visit to a bike store for the boy (it's the least we can do for all the girly stuff he has to deal with).  We also went to watched a cyclecross bike race which will get it's own post another time.


Okay, this is monumental: we had our first date in six months!! Trevor bought tickets to a Ben Howard concert months ago.  We don't really have the same taste in music, so when there is someone we both like, that's huge.  Ben is great. Look him up on YouTube.  Pam and Craig watched the girls and we had a great time.  It'd been awhile since we'd been to a concert, so we forgot how very, very late they go.  There were two opening acts (which we didn't realize) and when Trevor checked out the set list he saw that Ben wasn't playing until 10:30pm. - - which is the time we thought we'd be home in bed.  Long story short, the girls partied it up with Pam and Craig (from Ivy "mom, Pam gave me ice cream, and cookies, and candy!") and we got to bed at 12:30.  (but, shockingly, the girls and I made it to church at 8:55am !)

We decided that will be our last concert for a few years while we act like responsible parents.  Well - - after this Saturday's concert - - I'm sooooooo excited for it. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Josh and Steph said...

Ok, this is my last comment for today. I just want you to know how supportive I am of your blogging efforts. ;)

Oddly enough I've been DYING to go to Golden for years. Why you wonder? There is a white marble quarry there that produces the "whitest" marble in the US (maybe the world). It's used a lot for sculptures. They have a yearly sculpting competition there that people from all over the world come to participate in.

Glad you had fun at the concert! Your shirt is super cute.

Love & miss you guys!