Sunday, September 23, 2007

Missing Child

Have any of you seen this cute, happy, smiling little girl lately? She's been replaced by a grouchy, non-sleeping little girl who doesn't know how to adjust to the pain of teething.


I want my Addie back ... SOON! Is it this bad with all teeth, or just the first go-round? Does any one have suggestions to make her a happier baby during all this awful teething stuff?

3 comments:

S.K.N. said...

Hey Jen,

You could try getting a washcloth damp and putting it in the freezer for a little while to get cold then letting Addie chew on it. Emily liked that. And yes...they're all that bad! Sorry.

The Mortensens said...

I feel your pain, and sorry to say that with Will, it was just as bad with every teething "session"... he's getting molars right now, 4 at the same time.... what a joy! Honestly, when Will was first teething, he LOVED pickles. I know it sounds weird, but he would just chew away on a pickle, it was cold and they were the big cucumber kind, and they were really cold because they were at the back of our fridge. I even let him tote one to the store once, you can't imagine the looks I got! Good luck, and don't worry, you aren't the first or the last to have to go through it! It will end and she'll be back to normal soon, I hope for you! Sorry for the long post!

imswamped said...

Try letting her chew on something hard, like a carrot. It helps the teeth break through fast and it feel/tastes good, too. Buena Suerte! This too shall pass--eventually!