Sunday, September 9, 2007

Weekend of fun

We had a very fun and eventful weekend. Yesterday was the annual Diabetes Walk. In past years, many in my family have gotten together for this event in Orem. However, since Jill and Brian are now living in China we didn't see the point in driving down south. Me, Addie, Tammy, my cute niece Jessica and some of her college buddies all got together and walked. We decided that although Orem's walk is much better planned, organized, and better food :) (there were NO doughnuts and hot chocolate), Logan wins out for the better route - we walked mostly in the shade along the Logan River Trail. Addie, as usual, was a CHAMP and spent her time staring at all the kids around her, chewing on her balloon ribbon, laughing as we went over bumps, and basically just enjoying her ride in my NEW (although, slightly used from Craigslist) jogging stroller. Here are a couple pictures from Saturday.


yummy, yummy strings!


Today, Trevor's parents invited us to brunch at Snowbasin to celebrate his b-day. I hadn't been there in years ... since it was Sun Valley-ed ... but boy it is a posh ski resort now! It really resembles Sun Valley and it's just beautiful. We rode a gondola up to one of the lodges and had a very yummy brunch (for those in my family - think Little America brunch). Then, we hiked to the top of one of the mountain tops. So much fun! Trevor carried Addie in her backpack (sidenote: she looooves her backpack now that we figured out we needed to raise the seat. It turns out she didn't really like her face pressed into her daddy's back.). She was super tired and in need of a nap before we even started the hike, but being the curious little thing that she is, she stayed awake the whole way up, while we explored the top, and then once she figured there was nothing more to see, she fell asleep on the hike down. Here are some pictures from today:

can you see that cute grin?! Man, I love this little girlie!



I told addie that this was a moose (that's our dog's name). she kept checking it out and touching it and generally just seemed confused by the whole idea of it.

2 comments:

The Mortensens said...

Your trip looks way fun. I've never had a night away from Will... how's that for paranoid mother! I can't help it, I'd just rather not leave him. Glad you had some fun time just the two of you!!

steph said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend!
So, I must say when I read that Jessica had college buddies I almost fell off my chair. Boy do I feel old! One of the first things you told me when we met in first grade is that you were an aunt. Of course I was quite jealous of this.
Anyhow, I realize we were in first grade, but still she's in college and we are old!