Thursday, March 5, 2009

This week ...

I started back at work. All of our schedules had to change. I am not a fan of change so I'd been dreading this week. Things have gone surprisingly well. Here's some of the highlights:
  • had a "party" to get addie excited about going back to pam's house (daycare). complete with candles and a pizookie. it worked so well she layed in bed talking about all things pertaining to pam's house for 2 hours before she fell asleep
  • i was pleased that i am still capable of waking up at 6am
  • thought about how grateful i am that my mother in law is taking care of ivy
  • have greatly enjoying having a babysitter come at 7am each morning to help me get the girls ready (she stays until 9:30 and then my MIL comes for ivy)
  • trevor bought a new road bike
  • trevor got the oil changed in "my car"
  • ivy had her 2 mo. shots. minimal crying was involved for all parties present
  • ivy stats: 11lbs 7 oz (70%) / 22.5 inches (70%)
  • made dinner every day - so far
  • went shopping once (i went during my prep hour so i wouldn't have to take the kids)
  • ivy slept 10 hours through the night twice
  • taught trevor how to balance a checkbook
  • put away most of ivy's newborn clothes, she's ready for 3 month already
  • went on a walk on a beautiful 60 degree day
  • watched the snow fall 2 days later
  • changed 834 diapers (give or take a few)

5 comments:

Edwards said...

Hi Jennie:

I've been wondering if this was THE WEEK. I'm glad to hear that it's going well. It makes me tired just to read all that stuff you've been busy doing! I think you're amazing! Love you!

Melanie said...

Jennie - I got your comment on my cooking blog and followed the link on your name here (hope you don't mind). I just wanted to let you know that we probably are in the same area. I don't give out that info on my cooking blog so thanks for being vague but if you are thinking of Logan, that is the right place! Anyway, thanks for your comment. We just blessed our little baby on Sunday, too, so it was fun to see that our two little ones are so close in age (and I am extremely jealous your little babe has slept ten hours at night!!).

Maxfield Family said...

So, I haven't been blog-stalking for a few weeks and what happens? You barely escape a stand-off at church, start back to work, and made dinner on consecutive days?! I don't know what to make of this. Sounds like I need to check in more often.

Ivy is a doll. She has grown so much since I saw her! Do you know what I realized after I left? I didn't even hold her. Shoot.

Sam said...

Cute Blog! I am glad that going back to work has been such a smooth transition. If you ever need to drop Addie off to play with Kayte, my kids would love it!

The Webb Family said...

You survived your first week back! Hooray!!
It DOES get easier with two little ones, my dear. Trust me.