Monday, April 27, 2009

don't blink

- I did and now my baby is 3.5 months old! Oh my goodness, we love this little babe so much! She has the cutest personality and is just the happiest little thing. It's been interesting to figure out her way of doing things, she's so different from Addie, but she's so very simple to fall in love with.


{Ivy's birthday: December 31, 2008}


{2 weeks old}


{same day, 2 weeks old}


{1 month old: she sleeps like I remember my dad sleeping ... hands clasped together on her chest}


{blessing day: 2 months old}


{2.5 months old}


{3 months old}


{3.5 months old: check out those kissable cheeks!}

Here's a little about I.J.at 3.5 months:
* just started sleeping laying down in her crib, prior to now she slept in her car seat (which was placed in her crib)
* loves to be wrapped tight to sleep
* drinks 4 oz of formula every 3 hours
* sleeps wonderfully through the night - about 11 or 12 hour stretches (has since 2 months)
* not much of a napper - typically just one good 3 hour nap in the afternoon, with a couple cat naps throughout the day
* not into pacifiers
* loves her baths!
* loves being naked and wiggling around
* can grasp objects really well - her favorite is her mommy's hair
* loves music and her Winnie the Pooh mobile
* hates being on her tummy
* hates the process of getting buckled into her carseat, but doesn't fuss a bit once in the car
* loves to watch her big sis
* loves going for walks in her stroller or just hanging out outside

5 comments:

S.K.N. said...

She really is growing up quick. She sure is a sweet baby and so fun to hold! Looking at Carter now it's hard to believe he was ever as small as Ivy.

Hilarie said...

What a fun post, its cute to see her grow up! AND thanks for the decorating idea. I CAN copy, too, just not create my own decorating ideas so well. :)

The Holmgrens said...

You are such a good mom. Reading this makes me want another one. Someday right? I loved the Jennieology post. I'm going to do it. It was fun to read.
Oh, and I think it was more like 10 guys that offered us a drink. (Really atleast one, the waiter did ask us what we wanted to drink:))

Edwards said...

She's getting so big! I can't wait to see her in person!

Maxfield Family said...

Ivy is adorable! What cute girls you have, Jennie-babe.