I know posts without pictures are lame, but posting pictures of my students is illegal. Here are some of the things they've said/done to keep me amused lately.
Excuse for not having her homework:
Student: Madame Brasfield, I know this sounds far-fetched, but our TV caught fire last night and my backpack was right next to it and got burnt. But I did save my cleats.
Student: How do you say "your mom"?
Me: ta mere
Student: How do you say "is fat" ?
Me: No.
Student: Please?
me: Do you guys know what this is? (showing a picture of a discman)
student 1: Isn't that for listening to records?
me: Close - this is how I used to listen to CDs. Instead of an ipod.
student 2: Waste of money!
me: They were pretty cool - they cost around $50.
student 1: $50 back then was probably like $200 today.
student: You look very French today, Mrs. B.
me: Oh yeah? Merci beaucoup.
student: You just need to be wearing a beignet.
me: Beignet - a dougnut? I think you mean a beret.
student: Oh, right.
Me: Who can tell me the four articles for "the"?
Student: Your shoes are really great, Mrs. Brasfield.
Me: Thanks. So ... "the...?"
Student 2: Where'd you buy them?
Student 1: You look really teacher-y today.
Student 2: Kinda stern though. Is that what you meant by "teacher-y?"
Student: Snazzy pants, Mrs. Brasfield.
Student: When are we going to learn how to swear in French?
Me: When you go to France.
Student: Awesome! When are we going?
Me: When you go to France.
Student: Awesome! When are we going?
Me: It's Music Monday!
Student 1: Nooooo. I really don't like French music. I can't understand anything.
Student 2: At least it's better than really boring music like Mozart or Einstein.
Me: Who are the four presidents carved on Mount Rushmore?
Student: Washington, Jefferson, Teddy Roosevelt, and Edison.
Me: You're close - 3 out of 4 - but Edison was never a president.
Student: Oh, right. Teddy Roosevelt, Jefferson, Washington, and Edison.
No comments:
Post a Comment