Tuesday, April 14, 2009

bring on the candy

On saturday we had Easter Fun Day, so that Easter Sunday didn't seem anti-climatic.  I thought it worked out really well.  I had done some research during the week trying to find an egg hunt for Addie to participate it, but I was surprised to discover that Cache Valley doesn't so much do the traditional egg hunt that I so fondly remember from my childhood.  No racing for candy on the library lawn for Addie - our options for were the Bunny Trail at one of two grocery stores or an egg hunt at the mall.  We opted for the mall because the age group was the best there (0-2 yrs old, as opposed to 0-4 yrs - I didn't so much want my 2 yr old getting knocked around by the humongous 4 yr olds).  

Anyhow, the hubby and I woke up bright and early so we'd be ready before the girls to start our day of fun ... they slept until 9:45!!!!  So, we quickly did our egg hunt for Addie here at our house - - we was pretty cute, just like last year she seemed a bit disturbed that the Easter Bunny would leave a mess for her to clean up, but this year she understood the whole concept a lot better and was happy to find her eggs filled with Teddy Grahams (luckily, the Easter Bunny got my note that she didn't need lots of candy!).  



Ivy was pretty content while her big sis was busy.


Addie's been asking for a bike for quite awhile. We kept putting it off (mostly me, Trevor would give her anything she wants) until there was an occasion. Easter was the perfect chance. She loved it. She walked outside, saw it and said "oh, it's my bike!" then 5 seconds later she asked "where's my basket?" oops. We'll have to get on that. She doesn't so much grasp the whole pedal thing, but she sure does love for us (or any one passing by) to push her along.





4 comments:

The Webb Family said...

How fun! I'm glad you found an egg hunt that was more toddler-friendly!

Maren said...

Cute girls! Sorry we missed the treehouse event! Leave it to my kids to get sick when we try to plan something fun! Happy Easter!!!

Maxfield Family said...

Addie looks so good on her bike- especially in that cute new dress! I love it!

Josh and Steph said...

I love that first picture of Addie, she looks so cute! Her dress is adorable too.